Chicken With Apples and
Monterey Jack Cheese
by Paul from Southwest Wine Guide
2 whole chicken breasts, skinned, boned halved and flattened with excess fat removed
2 apples4 slics Montery Jack cheese1/2 cup flavored bread crumbsSprig of fresh chopped parsley1/2 cup of cider or apple jiuce3/4 cup of White WineDash nutmegDash paprika2 teaspoons butterPreparation:
1. In a flat dish, press bread crumbs into chicken on both sides;
2. Peel apple, core, slice; reserve.
3. One oven-proof casserole dish large enough to hold the four chicken breasts.Assembly:
1. Lay chicken in caaserole dish.
2. Top chicken with sliced apple, Add dash of nutmeg. Top with Montery Jack cheese. Top with parsley and paprika.
3. Add Cider & wine to casserole and dot with the butter.
4. Bake in a preheated 425 oven for 20-25 minutes.
5. Remove chicken to serving plates. Spoon sauce over chicken.