World of Wine Weekend is Just Around the Corner!
by Sienna Spencer-Markles
A “World of Wine,” in the heart of Southern California is on March 1st and 2nd, 2014.
World of Wine is a chance for ticket holders to try barrel samples of new wines, enjoy food and wine pairings, and take in Temecula Valley wine country’s stunning scenery.
JUST LISTED - FOOD & WINE PAIRING MENU:
WoW menu highlights include:
• Baily Vineyard is serving 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon with Beef Bourguignon; plus Parisian Apple Cake with warm caramel sauce and late harvest Sauvignon Blanc-Semillon whipped cream.
• Bel Vino is serving 2005 Prima Port - a limited-production Zinfandel dessert wine - paired with chocolate mousse tart topped with raspberries
• Callaway is serving 2012 Winemaker's Reserve Roussanne (pre-release) with Sage Mountain Farms organic beef meatloaf topped with bacon & apple chutney; plus rock shrimp and leek-mousse stuffed mushrooms.
• Danza Del Sol is serving 2011 Tempranillo with roasted chicken, topped with a seared lemon glaze over sun-dried tomato orzo.
• Falkner Winery is serving 2009 Meritage with a surf & turf burger slider (Black Angus beef, sauteed lobster, Boursin cheese) and a grilled octopus greek salad
• Masia de Yabar is serving Estate Syrah with Spanish empanadas
• Miramonte is serving 2012 Bin 380 signature
red blend with Moroccan-spiced braised chicken over saffron rice pilaf
• Palumbo is serving 2013 Brezza de Mare (a Viognier-Roussanne blend) and 2012 Sophia's Vineyard (Cabernet Sauvignon barrel sample) with thin-sliced cold roast beef on garlic toast points, California chipotle cream relish.
• Ponte is serving 2011 Barbera with mini brie en croute layered with toasted almonds, Crasins and a dark sugar glaze.
This two-day/35 winery passport event also includes live music at many winery stops and a "cork art" contest to help promote sustainability. World of Wine is an authentic wine country experience for all SoCal wine lovers.
WHAT: “World of Wine” Winter Barrel Tasting Weekend (WoW)
WHEN: March 1 & 2, Saturday and Sunday; 10am to 4:30pm
WHERE: Temecula Valley wine country; 60-90 mins from San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County and Palm Springs
HOW: Self-guided passport event, where guests can visit 35 member wineries at their own pace; winery map and souvenir tasting glass provided for each guests to keep. Plus gourmet food pairings, live music and fun contests.
TICKETS: 2-Day Tickets: $99. Sunday-Only Tickets: $79. Local residents of Temecula/Murrieta, 2-Day Tickets: $79. Designated Driver (food only) Tickets: $69. Call (800) 801-9463 for tickets by phone or purchase online at: TemeculaWines.org/Events.